We believe in an unremitting focus on school improvement in each of our schools. We pride ourselves in supporting each child as an individual and driving improvement to ensure each reach their potential.
Mrs Ethelston’s, Uplyme
- Expectations are high.
- Leaders ensure that good-quality teaching, learning and assessment lead to strong outcomes for pupils. They will not compromise in their pursuit of a high standard of education for pupils. Leaders have pupils’ best interests at the heart of all they do and despite some staff recruitment obstacles, have held firm.
- Support staff play a pivotal role in helping pupils and demonstrate a strong understanding of their roles and responsibilities... Support staff work with pupils well and promote their progress well. This is particularly strong where support staff work with pupils who have SEN and/or disabilities.
- Pupils’ have access to a rich and varied curriculum which is deeply rooted in the school’s distinctive Christian character...Pupils are open-minded and welcome difference.
Axminster Primary Academy
- All staff are ambitious for the school. Staff feel well supported. A passionate culture for further improvement exists.
- Pupils’ progress across the school in all subjects was rapid. Attainment is rising quickly.
- Leaders have a clear understanding of the school’s strengths and weaknesses.
St Andrews CE Primary, Chardstock
- The new headteacher is backed by a motivated, committed workforce. Staff want the best for pupils and are united in driving forward improvements.
- Pupils’ social, emotional and behavioural needs are well supported. They are known as individuals. Staff work closely with families to help pupils feel safe and ready to learn.
- Pupils benefit from a curriculum which develops a range of skills, knowledge and interests
- Effectiveness of leadership and management - Good
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment - Good
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare - Good
- Outcomes for pupils - Good
- Early years provision - Good
- Summary of key findings for parents and pupils - "This is a good school"
Marshwood CE Primary
- You have worked tirelessly to make sure that pupils are receiving a good level of education.
- One parent commented: ‘The school offers the most enriched learning environment for my children and they absolutely love sharing their school experiences at home.’
- Pupils experience a rich curriculum, both in school and out.
- The headteacher’s excellent leadership inspires staff and pupils to do their best. Her commitment to ensuring everybody succeeds is a significant factor in the improved teaching and achievement
- Teaching is consistently good because teachers know their pupils well and plan work carefully to meet their differing needs.
- The provision in the early years is good so that children make a positive start to school. They settle quickly and happily into school routines.
- Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary. They are eager to learn and very attentive in lessons. Pupils feel very safe in school and look after one another with great kindness and consideration.